The Internationally Educated Dentists (IDAPP) Program in Canada is designed for internationally trained dentists to meet Canadian dental practice standards. Offered by institutions like the University of Toronto, the program combines coursework, clinical training, and exams over 2-3 years. Successful graduates qualify to take the National Dental Examining Board of Canada's certification process, essential for practicing dentistry in Canada. This program helps fill dental care gaps by integrating foreign-trained dentists into the Canadian healthcare system.
- Purpose: To enable internationally trained dentists to practice in Canada.
- Offered By: Canadian dental schools, e.g., University of Toronto.
- Components: Coursework, clinical experience, exams.
- Duration: 2-3 years.
- Outcome: Eligibility for the National Dental Examining Board of Canada's certification.
- Goal: Integrate foreign-trained dentists into the Canadian healthcare system.
Summary: The IDAPP in Canada prepares internationally educated dentists for Canadian practice through a comprehensive 2-3 year program, culminating in eligibility for national certification and integration into the healthcare system.